Policy Dialogue Conference
The Conference aims to trigger and reinforce the policy dialogue on inclusive social protection in Africa based on interesting practices across the continent to enhance coordination, cooperation and commitment for inclusion in line with the provisions of the UN CRPD and the principles of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
This event is structured in two online sessions:
- Day 1 – Technical seminar (30 March 2021, from 10:30 am to 3:00 pm (CET), including half an hour break in between panels)
- Day 2 – Policy conference (31 March 2021, from 10:30 am to 12:00 pm (CET).
The overall objective of the conference is to initiate a policy dialogue on inclusive social protection in Africa involving the main continental public players.
The specific objectives are:
- to share good practices and experiences on inclusive social protection in Senegal, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Sudan and other African countries.
- to reflect on the challenges and opportunities deriving from the covid-19 pandemic.
- to propose new solutions and commitments for inclusion, also with the involvement of the organisation of persons with disabilities and the international donor community.
- to propose a path for future action and related accountability mechanisms.
>>Download the concept note here.