Name: Najjemba Betty
- Holding a Bachelor Degree in microfinance
- Trained in palliative care course for special needs people conducted by Palliative Care Association of Uganda
- Participated in business and Microfinance Linkage training by Handicap international in conjugation with Makarere University Business School(MUBS) and Microfinance Supports Centre
- Participated in workshop on Youth Baseline Report review under National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) on “estimating the capacity level of active youth in the disability movement
- Successfully completed a certificate course in Sign language at the Uganda National Association of the Deaf (UNAD)
- Worked with UNAD as an Accountant under Action Aid International-Uganda and Disability Right Funds- Ordinance project, a volunteer with African Union of the Deaf (AUD) as well as assistant project manager for disability-Reproductive health Education for Katutandike-Uganda.
- Acted in the development of pre-test counselling and client information material in video format using sign language,an agreement with Makerere University school of public health (MkSPH) Crane Survey Project a compaign to sensitize Deaf persons about HIV/AIDs and other sexually transmitted infections.
- Participated in the Disability Right Funds (DRF) Project assessment and evaluation and the grantee convening evaluation session
- Participated in training on Human Rights Protection and Promotion organized by the Uganda Human Rights Commission in partnership with the Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development
- Participated in The National symposium “identifying the best methodologies towards the education of the Deaf and the “Hard of hearing” children in Uganda